Membership is not religiously exclusive and is open to any professional or student who agrees to support the purpose and objectives of the MPA.
A profession is a disciplined group of individuals who adhere to ethical standards. This group positions itself as possessing special knowledge and skills in a widely recognised body of learning derived from research, education and training at a high level, and is recognised by the public as such.
A professional is a member of a profession. Professionals are governed by codes of ethics, and profess commitment to competence, integrity and morality, altruism, and the promotion of the public good within their expert domain. Professionals are accountable to those served and to society.
Membership is FREE until 2018, whereby a small, yearly fee will be charged to members.
To create a safe and supportive environment for members, we will review all membership applications prior to becoming a member, and each financial year following membership.
The Muslim Professionals Association reserves the right to decline or revoke membership to people found to be in violation of these rules. Apparent breaches will be investigated as required and member(s) involved will be warned or unsubscribed as appropriate. Members must align to MPA’s objectives.
By signing up as an MPA member, you agree not to use MPA to do, or attempt to do, any of the following:
- Post, email or otherwise transmit any postings or other materials that are unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, invasive of another’s privacy, or racially/ethnically/religiously/sexually or otherwise objectionable;
- Use or share materials that infringe upon any patent, trademark, trade secret, moral right, copyright, right of privacy or publicity or other proprietary rights of any party;
- Harass another member of MPA;
- Solicit, collect or post personal data or attempt to solicit, collect or post personal data about other members of MPA.
Members are expected to:
- Provide accurate and valid information, including personal information, and any shared information;
- Make payments on time, where applicable.